House Cleaning Services Kansas CityHouse Cleaning Checklist | Kansas City Maids
Keeping a house clean can feel like an impossible task, especially when you have to set aside so much of your time that could be focused on your family. Making a list of chores, however, can help you tackle specific areas of your home. You can make cleaning even easier by breaking your list into daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Use the following example so you can clean your Kansas City, MO, home even when life keeps you busy.
Daily Home Cleaning
Daily home cleaning chores should only take a few minutes to finish. By accomplishing this list daily, you’ll prevent small messes from turning into big problems that require a lot of attention. For instance, if you disinfect your kitchen sink daily, you won’t have to worry about bad odors and clogs that can take a lot of time to remove.
Do your best to finish these chores each day to keep your home fresh and comfortable:
- Make your bed.
- Clean dirty dishes.
- Sweep kitchen floors.
- Use a disinfectant to wipe kitchen counters and tables.
- Disinfect toilets as well as bathroom and kitchen sinks.
Weekly Home Cleaning
Weekly home cleaning requires a little more of your time and effort than daily cleaning does. You may want to set aside a few hours during the weekend for deeper home cleaning so you can complete each task without rushing.
These chores do more than just keep your home clean, they can also reduce allergies and prevent illnesses caused by poor indoor air quality. By dusting your furniture, changing your bed sheets and vacuuming, you lower the presence of pollutants such as pet dander, fireplace smoke, dust mites, and mold.
Reserve a couple of hours each week to finish the items on this list:
- Clean tubs and showers.
- Mop the kitchen and bathroom floors.
- Change your bedding.
- Wash, fold, and put away clothes (you may need to do this daily depending on your family’s size).
- Dust furniture.
- Vacuum throughout the house.
- Use a disinfectant to wipe down kitchen appliances.
- Wipe the inside of the microwave.
- Throw out expired foods in the refrigerator and cabinets.
Monthly Home Cleaning
Monthly Home cleaning doesn’t necessarily take more time than weekly cleaning but is important to make sure dust and grime don’t build up.
As long as you do these chores at least once a month, you should find that you can accomplish them pretty quickly:
- Clean the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, and vacuum.
- Dust light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Dust window blinds.
- Vacuum behind and under furniture.
- Clean the oven.
- Throw out old food in the freezer.
- Clean the inside of your refrigerator and freezer.
Quick Home Cleanup Tips
The faster you can finish your home cleaning, the less burdensome it feels. Follow these quick tips to clean your Kansas City, MO, home efficiently:
- Attach a clean dryer sheet to a paint roller to clean ceiling fan blades without using a ladder.
- Invest in microfiber cleaning cloths.
- Use canned air to blast debris out of your bathroom’s exhaust fan.
- Add a splash of floor cleaner to your toilet brush holder to prevent bathroom odors.
- Organize your cleaning supplies so you never waste time looking for the items you need.
Sometimes home cleaning is best left to the professionals. Contact Margaret McHenry Maids of Kansas City, MO, to request a home cleaning estimate that meets your specific needs. Margaret McHenry Maids offers a variety of home management services, including housekeeping, special event and move out cleaning options. Your home is a castle and Margaret McHenry Maids of Kansas City pride themselves in treating it as such.
The Latest Lifestyle Inspiration
Four Must-Haves for Your Summertime Charcuterie Board
July 13, 2022
Stay Fresh This Summer With a Sustainable At-Home Garden
June 8, 2022
Family Room vs. Living Room: Exploring Design Differences
May 16, 2022